What licences to I need to have for a bird-of-prey?

None at present in the UK. Certain birds (at present only the goshawk and the golden eagle which could be considered as falconry birds) are registered and come with a certificate which needs to be returned with your details (and a fee) to DEFRA (see link), who then issue you a new registration certificate. Some birds also have to have an “Article 10” if they are to be displayed to the general public, bought, sold or in some other way used commercially. These are ones considered to be European species, or hybrids of those species.

Did you find this FAQ helpful?
Thumbs Up Icon 3
Thumbs Down Icon 0